Makoto MIWA (CV)
Computational Intelligence Laboratory
Department of Advanced Science and Technology
Toyota Technological Institute, Japan
Toyota Technological Institute
2-12-1 Hisakata, Tempaku-ku, Nagoya, 468-8511, Japan
makoto-miwa at toyota-ti.ac.jp
- Natural language processing
- Machine learning
- Artificial intelligence in games
Selected Publications (Click here for my full publication list.)
- Makoto Miwa and Mohit Bansal. End-to-End Relation Extraction using LSTMs on Sequences and Tree Structures. In the Proceedings of the 54th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (Volume 1: Long Papers) (ACL 2016). pp. 1105--1116, August 2016.
- Makoto Miwa and Sophia Ananiadou. Adaptable, High Recall, Event Extraction System with Minimal Configuration. BMC Bioinformatics 2015, Vol. 16, Suppl 10, S7, July 2015
- Makoto Miwa and Yutaka Sasaki. Modeling Joint Entity and Relation Extraction with Table Representation. In the Proceedings of the 2014 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP 2014). pp. 1858--1869, October 2014.
- Makoto Miwa, James Thomas, Alison O'Mara-Eves, Sophia Ananiadou. Reducing systematic review workload through certainty-based screening. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, Vol. 51, pp. 242--253, October 2014.
- Makoto Miwa, Paul Thompson, Ioannis Korkontzelos, and Sophia Ananiadou. Comparable Study of Event Extraction in Newswire and Biomedical Domains. In the Proceedings of the 25th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING 2014). pp. 2270--2279, August 2014.
- Makoto Miwa, Sampo Pyysalo, Tomoko Ohta and Sophia Ananiadou. Wide coverage biomedical event extraction using multiple partially overlapping corpora. BMC Bioinformatics, Vol. 14, No. 1, P175, 2013.
- Makoto Miwa, Tomoko Ohta, Rafal Rak, Andrew Rowley, Douglas B. Kell, Sampo Pyysalo and Sophia Ananiadou. A method for integrating and ranking the evidence for biochemical pathways by mining reactions from text. Bioinformatics, Vol. 29, No. 13, pp. i44--i52, 2013.
- Makoto Miwa, Paul Thompson and Sophia Ananiadou. Boosting automatic event extraction from the literature using domain adaptation and coreference resolution. Bioinformatics, Vol. 28, No 13, pp. 1759--1765, 2012.
- Makoto Miwa, Paul Thompson, John McNaught, Douglas B. Kell and Sophia Ananiadou. Extracting semantically enriched events from biomedical literature. BMC Bioinformatics, Vol. 13, No. 1, P108, 2012. (Highly Accessed).
- Makoto Miwa, Rune Sætre, Yusuke Miyao, and Jun'ichi Tsujii. A Rich Feature Vector for Protein-Protein Interaction Extraction from Multiple Corpora. In the Proceedings of the 2009 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing. Singapore, pp. 121--130, Association for Computational Linguistics, August 2009.