Here is a list of books which I liked so much. If you are interested in any one of these books, take it and read.
- Plato. Symposium.
Philosophical discussions on love. This book is a must for those who are interested in love.
- Victor Hugo. Les Miserables.
This is such a moving story. Its musical version is also quite popular.
- Leo Tolstoy. Resurrection. Translated by Rosemary Edmonds. London: Penguin Books, 1966.
Although it is based on dualism of soul and body, it can tell you what it is for a soul to be pure.
- Ichiyo Higuchi. Takekurabe.
It is unfortunate that there is no English translation of this very endearing story from Meiji Era Japan.
- Antoine De Saint-Exupery. The Little Prince. Translated by Richard Howard. New York: Harvest Books, 2000.
This book is very popular among Japanese college women. Indeed many illustrations in the book are quite cute.
- Banana Yoshimoto. Kitchen. Translated by Megan Backus. New York: Washington Square Press, 1994.
This book captures well the Japasese sensibility of contemporary life.
Back to Home